みんなさん、こんいちわ。わたしわ ゆみです。どうぞよろしく。

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Frustrations.

A few days ago, I was super excited to receive an order from someone on Etsy. They had purchased five things from my shop: (1) a set of pandas, (2) a mushroom bear, (3) a mini felt mushroom bear, (4) adventures of tweet tweet panda stationary letter note set, (5) cute couple momo bears. Due to my excitement, I almost forgot to check if I had received payment from this person. I went and checked, and it showed that no payment had been received. So then I went and checked my paypal and my email (since sometimes it doesn't always show up on Etsy if someone had paid. Those pages also showed that no payment had been received.

I decided that I'd send a friendly reminder to this person via email and Etsy convo. The message I left in the email was the same message left in the convo -- I decided to send my message to both places incase the person checks one and not the other). The following day, I checked my Etsy page... no reply to my convo message, no check mark in the 'received payment' box. So then I checked my email and paypal again...no payment received. I decided to send another message to this person via email and Etsy convo. This morning after I woke up...I checked Etsy once again -- still no reply. Then I checked my email and Paypal -- still no payment. I've started to loose hope.

Now, right when I was going to send another message via convo to this person, I see that they have deleted their Etsy Account... so what do I do? I sent another email expressing my frustration, apologies, confusion, and ultimately my wish for this person to send me a simple reply to my email message. Is it really that hard to send a simple reply? If the person wasn't willing to pay for her order, I would have rather have that person not purchase my stuff in the first place. If the person really wanted to pay for his/her items, but needed more time, I'd appreciate them telling me so, as I am pretty flexible.

How can someone do something like this? It can't be a mistake to purchase something. You go through so many steps plus a confirmation page to actually process your order. So obviously I thought they had just forgotten to pay. If they were new to Etsy I would have been even more understanding... but this person has shopped on Etsy before.

So now I feel like, why me?
Why did this person do this to me?
Why did this person want to get my hopes up.
I put in a lot of effort to make these things in hopes of it bringing joy to someone. I put in effort to email my customers incase they forgot something. I put in effort to ask my customers different questions, and a great majority of them take the time to reply (e.g. if they want something sewn on, or if they want it made in a different colour or different size).

So now what? Now I'm left paying extra fees for the sale of this order, as well as extra fees for relisting this order.
I haven't really had to cancel an order before, except for once when someone requested that I cancel it because she was having trouble with her paypal (but at least she contacted me, unlike this individual). So I'm not really sure if these fees will be refunded. I know it will probably take some time for the fees to be refunded, but in the meantime I'll still have to pay for them.... it all adds up... and I don't think it's really fair.

Even now, I still feel like giving this person a chance to email me back, so I can at least know the reason why they did this, and if they are still planning on paying (as I still have their address and contact information in my records). But if I don't hear from them by tomorrow, I'm going to have to cancel the order, and be put on an extremely LONG wait list for the cancellation of the order to be processed.

----------

The Reply:
So after taking the time to write everything up above, I have finally received an email from the person in question.
The response?
-- apparently they [the person] did not order anything from Etsy recently, and does not know why their account is deactivated...
At least the person apologized for what has happened, but I'm still going to have to cancel the order. Off I go...sigh*

----------

After asking someone else's opinion about the issue, we think someone might have hacked into this person's account, and purchased from my shop without paying, but I'm not really sure.. just speculating...

----------

Just finished sending my requests to cancel this order. For an order consisting of 5 transactions, it is quite difficult to send a request. It would be so much easier if we could enter the order number instead of each individual transaction number, as it only accepts one transaction number at a time... T____T

No comments:

Post a Comment