みんなさん、こんいちわ。わたしわ ゆみです。どうぞよろしく。

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Late night creativity.

I often find myself staying up really late at night to either finish working on orders or to make something new. Last night, while in bed, I opened up my sketchbook and started drawing stuff that I'd like to make, and stuff that I've already made. Sometimes I wish I had gone to art school to become a better illustrator. I should probably kick the habit of staying up late though, as it's really taking a tole on me. I feel so drained and sleepy, and just plain tired. And although I'm feeling fatigue, I find myself still staying up to work on things, not because I tell myself I need to finish making stuff (although that sometimes IS the case), but mostly because I'm having fun creating something with my hands, and wanting to see it completed sooner?

I've been working on my long over due custom organic order for Rosie. She's been so kind and patient, and I'm so grateful to her for giving me an opportunity to make some adorable characters for her. I've finished an owl, I'm about 80% finished her mushroom bear, as well as her bunny rabbit (both the mushroom bear and bunny need their arms and feet, and the bunny needs one more ear). I really love how they've turned out, and I'm really liking this organic order a lot! I still have one more bear to make for her order as well, and then once my new logo tags arrive (which I'll be able to sew onto these items) they'll be shipped out to you next week (I really wanted to send them out this week but the tags are not here yet). I'll try to post some photos soon :D:D:D

I've still got about 5 more owls to make for other individual orders, as well as a set of pandas that somebody has ordered from me today. I've also got my wholesale order to work on. For this wholesale order, I plan on working on it at the same time that I make the owls, that way I'll progress at a faster pace, and hopefully complete things a whole lot sooner. I'm really excited for the wholesale order though as my pandas, carrot bunnys, and owls will come in two different sizes! Horray! It will be another new experience for me, and I'll definitely grow and learn a lot from it.

NOTE ON CURRENT ORDERS: I'll let you know via Etsy Convo, Email, and or On my BLOG, when your order is ready to ship out. Please do understand that I am only 1 person working on these items for you :) But I will do my best to get them out to you in a timely manner ^^

Tonight, however, I will be taking a break. I will have to wake up early tomorrow anyways as people are coming over yet again to *hopefully* (and finally) close up the hole in the wall in our washroom. Today the closed up the one inside the closet... but in the washroom there still remains a giant hole where pipes can be seen. I'm really hoping they will finish tomorrow as I cannot stand not being able to use my own washroom when I want to use it to take my shower or to do other usual washroom bits... lol...But yeah, it has been quite frustrating having to wake up extra early because those people may (or may not) be coming in (sometimes they don't even show up... and I'll feel like I've waited for no reason, or waken up early for no reason). So here's hoping that they finish on time!

-------------- Anticipation of my upcoming 2 week trip:

My mom went and exchanged some CAD for USD today (the exact amount I will not disclose on here lol), but I makes me really excited as it means my trip is approaching really fast :D I still have to exchange CAD for KRW... (hopefully I can get around to doing that soon?) I cannot believe that it is almost the end of October already! That means it's almost November! Which ALSO means, I'm one month closer to it becoming DECEMBER! YES! December is the month I am looking forward to because it'll be my first time traveling outside of Canada with one of my friends (and not with our families). The last time I traveled outside of Canada was when I was 6 years old, and that was to visit our family in the Philippines. This time however, my friend and I will be visiting our friend in Korea who is doing the TaLK program (Teach and Learn in Korea). She is doing a 6 month long program, and to make sure she'll have an exciting christmas and new years, we will be there to spend that valuable time with her.... and of course... go shopping! :)

I'm really looking forward to getting a chance to visit South Korea with my friend, as it one of many places that I've been wanting to visit. I also want to go to Japan, but I'll only be in Japan for 3 hours for my connecting flight lol. Oh well, at least I'll be IN Japan. But I'll be spending 2 weeks in South Korea from December 18, 2009 to January 1, 2010. What's super cool is that even though we are leaving on new years day in Seoul, South Korea, we'll be coming back new years day in Toronto, Canada ^____^.

No comments:

Post a Comment