みんなさん、こんいちわ。わたしわ ゆみです。どうぞよろしく。

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Various updates and a little bit about my day

Hey everyone! I hope you're all doing well. I've been super busy working on orders this entire week, as well as actively job searching. I think I've been making great progress in my orders, although there is still a lot left to work on. But I think I'm starting to get faster at finishing off some things as I make more and more of my characters into toys. My sister has also been of great help when it comes to crocheting some things as well, and I'm really thankful that she was so enthusiastic to help out when she has spare time between studying for her biology and chemistry courses.

This weekend I've been busily working on my wholesale order for Hootsuite which I feel is long overdue. My apologies. I really wanted to have these finished a lot sooner, but between numerous individual orders that I had to work on, progress on my Hootsuite order was virtually nonexistant. However, I told myself that I will definitely try to finish them off this week. I've been working on them non stop on Friday, as well as Saturday afternoon (after a quick visit to the yarn store for some essentials). It's Sunday morning as I'm typing this (before I head off to bed... and yes, it's past 5am as I'm typing), and I'm planning on working on it for the rest of today as well. But I've also got to squeeze in a couple of individual orders in between all these owls that I'm making because those have to be shipped out asap as well!

What a hectic schedule, but in the end it's all worth it! I love seeing everything get completed and shipping them off to my customers! You know I'm really thankful to all of you. You've all been super patient with your orders, since I literally have a lot on my plate and usually only have 2 working hands (sometimes 4 when my sister is able to participate in the production process). So I'm really thankful to all of you who have been and continue to be really patient with your orders.

So to demonstrate a bit of the craziness that I've been going through with completing my Hootsuite order, here is my little progress report. I'm actually a bit further ahead than what these photos show (newer photos have yet to be uploaded). I will post more photos when I have time, but I'm really excited to have these all finished. I think once all of the photos are posted up, it will have a bigger impact.


As of right now, they have their wings (photo to be posted) and need their faces sewn on, so I hope to have them finished by the end of this week.

In the meantime, I still have another wholesale order to finish, as well as a new one to start working on, PLUS all of your individual orders as well! I'll really need to budget my time so that I can complete both wholesale orders and individual orders at the same time, so that neither have to wait super long to receive their items.

Don't forget to stop by our lookbook to see updated photos of some of your favourite characters! I'm getting around to actually updating the photos in my shop as well, although the photo uploading service on Etsy is really bothering me, since the photos I upload on there turn out looking really desaturated, which is a pain to have to re-edit. So please do check out my lookbook (aka. my mini catalogue) for better quality photos!

In other news, one of my friends is leaving for Australia later today! He's going for an entire year! I'm happy I was able to see him on Wednesday, but a little disappointed at myself for being unable to attend his going away party on Friday. I just had too much work to do and wasn't feeling to well that day.

Oh, and one more quick note:
From now on packages will only be mailed out on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays (since it's difficult to get out to the post office during the rest of the week), and order status will be updated at least once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment