みんなさん、こんいちわ。わたしわ ゆみです。どうぞよろしく。

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

QR codes and some new additions to the blog

Aside from the obvious layout change, I've added a few new things to the blog. Get to know a little bit more about my online shop and how it all started in the about section. I have also added a new FAQ section in hopes of answering some of your most burning questions. Additionally, you might have noticed a couple of barcode images off in the side bar. I've recently become quite obsessed with my barcode scanning application which I had downloaded onto my phone. Call me crazy, but there's something really fun about being able to scan a bunch of different barcodes with my cellphones built-in camera, and instantly accessing the information that is embedded within those barcodes, in my cellphones mobile browser.

The application, ShopSavvy by Big in Japan, works on both Android and iPhone, and allows the user to scan different barcodes with their phones built-in camera, in order to gather additional information about any given product (e.g. price; where to buy). When it works, it's absolutely fantastic! I found that it was surprisingly accurate for some of my Japanese products (eye drops, sunscreen, pens, etc.), and somewhat accurate with more local products.

With the addition of another application, Share by QRCode, ShopSavvy becomes even more awesome (for me at least). Share by QRCode (for Android) let me create my own QR codes for this blog, as well as for my lookbook. If you scan the first QR code that you see off in the side bar, it will load my shops lookbook into your cellphones browser. Awesome right? I thought it was a really great way to share/gather information really quickly! I liked the idea so much, that I added the code on my lookbooks page as well--it can be found when you click the "view more info" link. I guess I'm a big fan of barcode scanning applications now.

Anyways, I know this post was a little different from the usual, but since it still related to the shop, I thought that I should share my thoughts about this new obsession of mine. It's time for me to get back to work (or possibly sleep, considering I have yet to do so). For now, I will leave you with this quick illustration that I had done in my little sketchbook.

My good friend Janet and I had once talked about doing at least one thing each day that would make us happy. For me, drawing has always been one of those things. I don't think that I'm the best at it, but I've always enjoyed it, and want to improve. So here's something that I quickly drew a few weeks ago before heading off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment