みんなさん、こんいちわ。わたしわ ゆみです。どうぞよろしく。

Monday, August 10, 2009

Etsy chats + featured.

So during the last few days, I've been trying to figure out ways to get more exposure to my shop. I decided that I would try out the Etsy Chatroom! At first I found it so overwhelming, but after a while, I've started to get used to it. The people are super friendly and really funny and nice to talk to. It's such a good way to gain exposure, and it was a great way to discover all the amazing shops that make up the wonderful Etsy community. Haven't made a sale yet from visiting the chat room, but I have done quite a bit of networking, and got a lot of 'hearts' from people favouriting my shop. I don't think I've ever seen so many in such a short period of time (except for those days when I have had an advertising spot). The people have been super friendly, and great to talk to and chat with. They have also given me helpful and encouraging comments. It's really been quite a fun experience and I find myself visiting back more and more each day and seeing some familiar 'faces'. Some people have told me that they plan to buy some stuff from my shop when they have more funds, and that gets me super excited that they are actually liking the things that I've made with my two hands. It just shows me that some of this hard work is starting to pay off, and I'm super happy that it brings a smile to their faces :)

Other than exploring the chat room, I've been frantically trying to search up the cost of plane tickets to Seoul, South Korea (as a friend of mine and I plan on visiting our other friend who is currently in South Korea). It's been super hectic, and there are a lot of unknowns. She has to find out if her work will give her those days off, and I have to find out if my parents will let me go and travel with her (and if they'll help 'fund' my trip lol). Been trying to finish a couple of owls for one of my orders, a duck for my sister's friend's birthday present, and will soon have to start another polar bear, plus my organic order :) So many things to do and so very little time. I'm going to try to have a very productive day tomorrow!

Earlier on in the week people have been coming over to repair our water pipes, and water has been shut off and turned back on. I've had to wake up super early the last few nights and the lack of sleep seriously effected me. I kept increasing stitches where I wasn't suppose to, and having to fix things, that I should not have had to fix. So it's been going a bit slow on my part. But I should be fully rested by tomorrow and back to normal. I will try to wake up early so that I can finish these two owls and duck and get started on the other things that I need to do.

On a brighter note, 2 of my toys have been featured in two blogs recently:
PaisleyandWillow featured my Mushroom bear on her lovely blog. She goes on to write about how excited she is to receive an organic version for her shop :) And I'm super excited to make one for her :)



NewDominionBlues featured my Owls named Kai on their blog today, along with a whole slew of other cute owls, pottery, plants, birds ( a big whole earthy theme going on there ). I was really excited to hear that Tracy had featured my owls and that she thinks my stuff is really cute ^^




I hope everyone has a lovely week ahead of them, and thanks to everyone who have commented and who have told me that they really love my little creations :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you've started hanging out in the chat room! Hope to see you in there some time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words Sherry!

    I know I tend to go slightly insane when I'm having computer/Internet issues, so I hope for your sake that your technical problems are resolved . . .

    ReplyDelete