みんなさん、こんいちわ。わたしわ ゆみです。どうぞよろしく。

Monday, July 13, 2009

Coming soon: mushroom bears and kitty cats.

Yes Mushroom Bears! They are mini teddy bears that are shaped like mushrooms. I'm still trying to figure out what to call them since "Mushroom Bears" is really long. How about Musbea? or Beamu? (That's what I get when I try to combine Mushrooms and Bears lol... I will try to think of something better). They will be listed in my shop very soon (initially as made to order, and eventually as an in stock item). I will try to post a photo tomorrow~ I would have a photo up today, but I haven't finished making the first one yet as I had a lot of difficulty trying to figure out how I would crochet it. It is made out of a combination of bamboo, wool, and acrylic yarn, and features an embroidered nose, safety eyes, and filled with high quality toy stuffing poly-fill! And because of the bamboo yarn, it's so unbelievably soft! I really want to make a giant stuffed animal with this bamboo yarn, but the yarn is pretty expensive, so maybe I will attempt that when I have a bit more money in the bank :)

Another animal that will be in my shop very very soon, is my kitty cat (which I've been calling an earth kitty due to the yarn colour). I will have a photo of that up soon too. I still need to make a tail for it, and have been having some difficulty with that too, but I almost have something figured out :) This one is 18" tall and will be one of my more expensive items (due to the types of yarn used, the amount of stuffing it consumed, and the amount of hours put in). But I'm sure it's well worth it. This kitty will be listed in my shop as made to order or pre-order... I have not decided yet. I will choose made to order if I don't have any more of the yarn left to make it, and I will label it as pre-order if I'm currently making a second one (similar to the original). I will also be making one that has a 'soft teal' colour. It's a really lovely colour, and I will blog about it when that one is finished.

As this mushroom bear, and this kitty cat, are the very first ones that I have made, I won't be selling my originals, but will be selling extremely similar versions (as far as handmade items go). This is because when I record down the steps I used when creating these amigurumi, I sometimes make changes to my pattern in my head and forget to write them down, so my originals are there for my reference so that I may make many for anyone who is interested in giving them a good home :)

Photos to be posted soon.

Hope you all have a lovely week!

Oh yeah, I will be posting up stationary soon too. I almost forgot. I'm currently working on some new stationary designs (mostly still sketches in my sketchbook). Those will go up after I am finished making a custom carrotbun bunny brooch for Mui Ee ^^

For now enjoy a couple photos from my trip last weekend of the lovely landscape, as well as the sunset as we drove home :)

DSC00012_50%
DSC00020_50%

No comments:

Post a Comment