みんなさん、こんいちわ。わたしわ ゆみです。どうぞよろしく。

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Important update on shipping costs (within Canada).

So as you may know, Canada Post isn't the greatest when it comes to its shipping costs. Since I am a resident of Ontario, the parcels that I ship out, are shipped from Ontario. When shipping within Ontario, parcels usually cost around $6 CAD ($5 USD). However I've noticed that when I ship packages outside of Ontario, to British Columbia (for example), packages usually cost around $11 CAD. That is a HUGE difference! And I've had to make up for the cost with my own money :( SO I have currently updated my shipping prices in my Etsy Shop to reflect this change.

Orders to Canada are now (unfortunately) $8 USD (this ends up being around $9 CAD, and as such I am absorbing the extra $2 CAD, because $11 CAD is just too much to pay for shipping -- especially if ordering one of my smaller items!). So if you are a resident of Ontario and are ordering an item from me, please, please, PLEASE convo me first so that I can adjust the shipping price for you (so that you will be paying less). I cannot stress this enough~

I am not sure how much shipping will cost to other provinces, as I have not yet had an order from any of the other provinces (although I have had orders from Quebec, but those were for my downloadable stationary which have no shipping cost (since those stationary files are emailed to the buyer).

These new shipping prices only reflect the cost of shipping a parcel within Canada.

The shipping cost for International and US orders will remain the same (it's uncanny how it costs more to ship within Canada, than outside! Something MUST be fixed! lol)

I hope this will not deter any future customers from my shop! I'm usually pretty nice about trying to lower the shipping costs (and have for the most part, been using some of my own money if my shipping prices turned out to be too low! but I am unable to keep doing that for every single order right now).

In the future, as I start to list newer items, I will try to absorb some of the shipping costs by putting some of that cost into the price of the items itself, that way it doesn't seem like you are paying a lot for shipping!

I would adjust the prices of my current stock, but I think it would look strange to see a $10 USD polar bear one day, and then the next day see it costing like $13 USD -____________- (if you know what I mean). But I will definitely take that into consideration as I go through this big learning process of having my own online store!

Oh how I wish Canada Post's shipping costs would lower! Just want you all to know that I am working my butt off to lower these shipping costs for you~ I am not trying to make money off of the shipping costs, as I will always refund you the difference if it turns out that my listed shipping cost is MORE than the actual cost of shipping out your packages! (This hasn't happened yet as my costs have actually been less, and I have been absorbing part of the costs).

No comments:

Post a Comment