みんなさん、こんいちわ。わたしわ ゆみです。どうぞよろしく。

Friday, July 31, 2009

Personal Stuff: On her way to Korea ... 안녕~

*Sigh, the more I think about it, the more I will miss my friend as she is leaving for her 6 month trip to Korea in about 18 hours (from the time I finish writing this). I'm super happy that she's going to get a chance to have such an exciting experience, but at the same time I wish that I could go with her. It was really nice seeing her today, and I was super happy to be able to make something really special for her to take along with her on her trip (I wonder if she will bring the little mushroom bear with her? since I completely forgot to say TAKE HIM WITH YOU! lol, but it would be cool if she did). Ah I've known her for so long, since middle school, and it's the first time that I've seen her cry (or come close to crying), and it hit me that it's really real, and that she's really leaving very soon, and that made me cry (well almost cry, I did try hard to hold back some tears to be honest). But ahh! I really wish that I could go with her! :( It's making me sad now, just thinking about it. I also wish that I could come to the airport and see her off and wish her a safe flight to Korea (but I know that if I am there I will definitely cry~ there's no doubt in my mind about that).

I really did want to write a lot more in the photo book that we all participated in making for her. It would have been really cool if I was able to do so :) But we ran out of so much time, so my message was super rushed :( And I think I wrote what most people wrote as well :( But I am happy that I wrote her a little letter that I packed up with her present, so at least she'll get to read that... maybe she can tape it inside her photo book as well~ lol.

I really hope that in December I'll have enough money to come and visit. I told my dad today that I wanted to go to Korea in December to visit my friend, and he told me to go get a job first so that I'll have enough money to go lol. (I have no idea if he'll actually let me go, but if I say that I wouldn't be going alone and that my other friend will be there too, him and my mom might say 'okay' lol.... we'll see). I really hope that I can go, as it is one of the places that I've wanted to travel to for so long.

I'm not really sure why I didn't apply for the educational program myself. I would have loved to try to be a 'teacher' and teach young students English. But I think my fear of leaving behind stuff got the better of me. I didn't think it was the right time for me to go (as there is a lot of stuff at home that I don't want to leave behind... my family...my boyfriend...my friends...especially my little hamster... and there are so many things that I need to work out before I would have the peace of mind to go for a full 6 months. I also feared rejection, and not getting into the program. But I think I have been using my 'fears' as an excuse for me to stay here in Toronto. As much as I want to go travel around to different parts of the world, I feel like leaving home for 6 months would be too long for me to be away from home, since home is all that I know. So maybe 2 weeks during the holiday season would suit me better? A mini vacation... a small break away from home, and away from the country that I grew up in. And once those two weeks are over I will be back in Toronto, and back to my regular life.

I'm not sure. I don't really know how I'd really feel if I was away for the full 6 months. Maybe when I am there it will not seem like 6 months, and those months will fly by super fast, just like how university flew by so fast. But then again, maybe those 6 months will feel super long to me, so maybe the 2 week thing wont be so bad. All I know is that I want to be there, but be here at the same time. Oh how I wish I was able to teleport! hahaha.

Ahhh, Janet you are leaving! And it makes me so sad :( I'm like happy and sad at the same time and full of a bunch of different emotions. I really hope that you will have a super fun, and safe trip. Take it all one day at a time. Absorb and embrace the entire experience... and when you have done that... go to your house in Korea, sign online, and tell me all about it! lol. I should go and download Skype so that I can send you a message if I see you online :) Don't forget to send me your address so that I can mail you letters! Sending letters are always fun... a lot more fun than sending an email message, as it's physical, something you can touch, and something you can keep somewhere safe~ If you read my blog before your flight, I hope you'll bring your little mushroom bear with you ^^ Then it'll kind of be like I went to Korea with you ^^ lol Or if you are scared that you'll loose him there, leave him at home so that when you get back he'll be there waiting for you, but it will be super cool if you brought him :) I do hope you really liked it though and I'm happy that I was able to finish it on time for you :) There were so so many times when I wanted to Twitter about it or write about it here on my blog, but then I remember that you read all of those things lol, so it was so very hard not to mention it :) Have a safe trip Janet~ I really wish I could see you at the airport, even if I'll be a crybaby haha :(

So to my friend...

내 친구, 안녕... :( 난 너를 정말 보고싶어*.
(Goodbye my friend... I will really miss you)

*I know I wrote it in the present tense (and I am not sure if it is even correct), but I forgot how to write it in the future tense lol since you have my book LOLOL~


No comments:

Post a Comment